Thursday 2 May 2013

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

I think both of my ancillary texts have an extremely effective combination to my main product, as both complement each other. For example the poster and the trailer are both used for advertisement purposes in the movie industry, i.e. trying to sell the movie. The poster clearly shows very little, as the trailer does. Both consist of highlighting the chief protagonists within the movie; the violence is emphasized through the blood on the character just like in the trailer. The tag line highlights the confusion between who is the real villain; the scientific sum strait down the middle furthermore emphasizes the experiment. Also the title sequence at the end of my trailer shows the word ‘Life’s’ in red to put emphasis on the violence I also chose to do the same in the poster and magazine. All the details surrounding the movie, i.e. production credits, website, release date, all match completely. Also with the trailer being red band, I felt the age rating would be 18; I displayed this on my poster also. I also attempted to shows the characters personality through just the picture, the teacher all smart and posh, emotionless and the main character with the creepy twisted look. With this combined with my movie trailer then the audience continue to question who is in the right? So it is shown as my main product and my poster draw on the same images, then they are effective combination to my main product.

I continued this when creating me magazine front cover, where I wanted to advertise the movie, by talking about behind the scenes. For instance I chose to include an interview with the director of the product. Giving the audience an insight to the movie in a deeper depth, which would help sell the magazine. Furthermore within the real industry the magazine would include other features such as celebrity interviews, reviews, etc. this is what I included in order to sell the movie. I furthermore included the main character as the front cover and made the font of the title the main focus to advertise the movie. As with both other products the word ‘Life’s’ is placed in red so I stayed with this theme. I also made the background dark representing the theme within the movie and also with the background being black, the character has a stronger emphasis, I also followed these rules by having a dark and misty background.  Furthermore the main character has a blood-spattered face to also show the violence within the movie. Also as I am the central focus of my media video I made myself the central focus of both ancillary tasks. Overall the main theme which I tried to flow through all my tasks was violence and I think I did this very well, with my color scheme, pictures used, font, and the words used within the title sequences.     

No comments:

Post a Comment