Monday 15 April 2013

Font

I looked at a variety of different fonts that would be best suitable for my media Product. The first one i chose was the one above which was used for The Lord of the Rings, and i do really like this one. Its hard edges may be a representation of the movie itself. However the letter A near the Letter L i feel is to close and looks odd in a sense, although i do like it i don't feel it would be best suitable for my product. 

At first i experimented with the fact of putting the word life of  different font, to give it a different representation compared to the rest of the lettering however i chose to scrap this idea as when its put together with the rest of the title, it does not work as a whole. 

 I then opted for a more simplistic approach, as i wanted no focus to be taken away from the image with it being the main protagonist. The title is a simple information of what the movie is called I did like this lettering however i feel its more suited to a drama or even comedy as the edges are not sharp enough.

I came to my final  decision of this title, the reason being it was both simplistic but also in your face, taking no authority over the image. It also has sharp edges with  clear representation of the movie. I felt this was the ideal choice for my movie poster.  

No comments:

Post a Comment